Always Available for Your Project
Some more scoop on often-asked-for services is listed below, along with links to my resume and writing samples, and a current client list. I would love the opportunity to talk with you about your project and how I might help to make it a success.
Technical Writing and Editing Services
My primary goal for any project is to empower customers and users with consistent, clear, and usable documentation.
- Work with subject matter experts and users to document technical information, including business requirements in development projects.
- Plan and conduct usability reviews to ensure excellence in customer experience.
- Develop standards and style guides to improve and provide consistency.
- Offer guidance in creating document and Web content and change management solutions and policies.
Regulatory and Compliance Documentation
My primary goal for technical writing projects in regulated organizations is to produce documentation in compliance with federal quality policies and standards.
- Develop IT policies, processes, and procedures in accordance with CobiT control objectives to minimize risk and maximize efficiency.
- Develop systems documentation in accordance with 21 CFR Part 11/ Computer Systems Validation (CSV)/ GxP (Good Clinical/ Manufacturing/ Laboratory Practice) policies.
- Create Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation proving testability of requirements and design and, therefore, validating the system's intended use.
- Use my extensive IT experience to assist in projects that establish, document, and test financial controls as directed by Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Biographies, Profiles, Web Copy, and General Writing Services
My focus on these projects is to write appropriately for the publication. Corporate? Professional? Non-profit? Charity?
- Learn the brand.
- Identify the purpose and the audience.
- Become familiar with the audience. Are they traditional or more relaxed? Younger or older? New or experienced? What is the tone? Is it serious or is there a place for personality or humor?
Resume and Portfolio
Other Fun Facts
I developed and taught many software-related adult education and corporate classes in Atlanta in the early to mid-nineties. More recently, I have created and led a few community Web Publishing and Technical Writing workshops here in Indianapolis. I have a B.S. in Computer Information Systems from Park University.
- ADESA, Inc. - Indianapolis, IN
- Albany International - Atlanta, GA
- Anthem Insurance - Indianapolis, IN
- Aptara - Falls Church, VA
- AT&T – Atlanta, GA
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana – Indianapolis, IN
- Blue House Creative / Bessed.com - Cleveland, OH
- Citizens Energy Group - Indianapolis, IN
- Clarian Health Partners - Indianapolis, IN
- Clear Channel Outdoor - Chicago, IL
- Coca-Cola - Atlanta, GA
- Conseco Services - Indianapolis, IN
- Cornerstone Controls - Indianapolis, IN
- Covance - Indianapolis, IN
- Cummins Engines - Columbus, IN
- Duke Energy - Indianapolis, IN
- Eli Lilly – Indianapolis, IN
- Enviro-Care - Chicago, IL
- ExactTarget - Indianapolis, IN
- Georgia Power - Atlanta, GA
- Georgia Pacific - Atlanta, GA
- Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County - Indianapolis, IN
- IBM - Atlanta, GA
- Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) - Indianapolis, IN
- Indiana Interactive (IN.gov) - Indianapolis, IN
- Indigo BioSystems - Indianapolis, IN
- InnoCentive.com - Andover, MA
- Lilly Accelerators - Indianapolis, IN
- JEM Sales - Rome, GA
- Kennesaw University - Kennesaw, GA
- Merial Limited - Duluth, GA
- MISO - Indianapolis, IN
- ProSolv CardioVascular, a FUJIFILM company - Indianapolis, IN
- Roche Diagnostics - Indianapolis, IN
- Security Innovation - Boston, MA
- Solution Tree - Bloomington, IN
- Southern Polytechnic State University - Marietta, GA
- Stanley Security Solutions - Indianapolis, IN
- The Town of Fishers - Fishers, IN
- University of Mississippi - Oxford, MS
- Washington Twnshp Schools (J Everett Light Career Cntr) - Indianapolis, IN
- Watt Publishing - Rockford, IL
- Zartic - Rome, GA
Software I use
Some old, some new....
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher
- Snagit for screen capture, video and audio creation
- Adobe Acrobat for the usual
- Adobe Captivate for e-Learning projects
- Adobe RoboHelp for online help
- EC Software Help+Manual for online help
- Microsoft SharePoint for document and Web content management
- Dropbox and Google Docs to collaborate without worry about a network connection